Let us help you find a job or additional training…
Not sure what you want to do with your life?
We can help!
Man-Tra-Con Corporation provides youth 16-24 years of age assistance with developing and achieving career and educational goals. Services to youth are provided by contracts with Youth Service Providers and Man-Tra-Con Youth Service Specialists.
To be eligible to receive services a youth must be between 16 and 24 years of age, low income and meet at least one of the following barriers to employment:
- School dropout (not attending any school and has not received a secondary school diploma or its equivalent)
- Basic skills deficient (math and/or reading skills at or below 8th grade on TABE assessment)
- Foster child
- Pregnant or parent
- Individual with disability, including learning disabilities
- Homeless or a runaway
- An individual with documentation showing they require additional assistance to complete an education program, or to secure and hold employment
Services to help youth develop and achieve goals include:
- Paid and unpaid work experience
- Study skills training
- Alternative secondary school and GED classes
- Summer employment opportunities
- Occupational skills training
- Leadership development
- Supportive services
- Adult mentoring
- Guidance and Counseling
- Follow-up for 12 months after program completion
Current Youth Service Providers are:
For more information about our Youth Services Program, contact JoDene Kern at 618-998-0970, ext. 278.
Need a GED?
Attend a GED Orientation Session at:
John A. Logan