Are you a JOB SEEKER with a DISABILITY?
Man-Tra-Con can help you find employment or a new career path! If you are 18 years or older, disabled,* and looking for employment, Man-Tra-Con Corporation can help. We offer "NO COST" services to help job seekers with disabilities find positions that are a good fit for their skills, abilities and interests.
Career Development Assistance
Need a career goal? Our career interest surveys can help you choose the right path. In addition, a dedicated Career Specialist will provide "one-on-one" assistance to help you get there!
Find out what type of work is best for your skill set,
or if you need training to bring you closer to your goal.
Job Search and Placement Assistance
Our friendly resource room staff can help you access the following tools you will need to find new employment:
- Computers with ADAPTIVE TECHNOLOGY
and FREE Internet access are available to help you:
- Research employment opportunities.
- Access online employment sites such as
Illinois Job Link, or Illinois workNet.
- File your Unemployment Insurance (UI)
- Improve your reading, math and computer skills.
- Workshops — Learn basic computer skills, how to
create a resume, prepare for an interview and more!
- Labor Market Information — Research area
employers, plus labor and wage data.
- Job Boards — Learn about current employment
opportunities in our area.
- Copier and Fax machine — These are available in
our resource room for use during your job search.
What if I need additional training
or want to go back to school?
Man-Tra-Con staff will provide you with information on available training, education, and financial aid programs designed to help you reach your career goal. Training assistance may include:
- Work Experience Programs — Placement into paid, temporary work programs will help you gain skills
and experience that may lead to full-time employment.
- On-the-Job Training — Earn a paycheck while
you learn new job skills!
- Occupational Skills Training — Receive tuition
assistance and keep your unemployment benefits
while earning a certificate or degree.
- Basic Skills, Math & Reading Improvement Tools — Are available in ourresource room.
- Referrals — You may be eligible to receive additional services through programs provided by our partnering agencies, such as:
- GED exam preparation
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- FREE credit counseling services
- Food stamps, medical cards, child care, etc.
For additional information,
call Chris Pell at (618) 351-3986, ext. 228