Assessment and Referral
Looking for a job? We can help!
As a result of your layoff, benefits are available to help you with finding new employment or re-training in a new industry. These services are provided at NO COST to you!
Dedicated Career Specialist
A Man-Tra-Con workforce professional will be your employment coach to help you:
- document your skill sets
- develop a professional resume and cover letter
- polish your interviewing skills
- learn about job leads and career fairs
- sell yourself to a potential employer
- set up a professional email account
- understand training opportunities
Financial Assistance for Training
- Based on survey results, financial assistance from grant funding may be available to you for up to two years of training at a college or university. Grant funds may be used for child care costs, mileage reimbursement, tuition, required supplies, books and fees.
- Workshops such as “Basic Computer Skills” may be developed to meet your training needs.
- On-the-Job Training Program — pays 50% of your wages at a new position as you learn “on-the-job!”
Additional Resources & Assistance
We are committed to helping you succeed at finding new employment. Our friendly employment coach will help you to:
- apply online to employment opportunities listed with Illinois JobLink, CareerBuilder, Indeed, and more!
- create a Facebook account for networking
- take advantage of training opportunities that may be available
- use computers with Internet access for skills assessment, job search and training activities
For additional information about our Dislocated Worker services, call Reba Utley at (618) 998-0970, ext. 240.